Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blatant bragging

This book is getting lots of kudos

As of today my memoir has twenty-two reviews up on Amazon. Twenty are five-star, and even though they wrote terrific reviews, two people gave the book only four-stars. Really what’s up with that?

But rather than complaining I’m just going to shout out Hip, Hip Hooray. I am just so thrilled with the response and with people’s reaction to the story and the writing in my book. Never in my wildest dreams did I think people would react so well to my words.

A friend told me last night that she was just going to read my book to support me, and she found once she opened it she couldn’t put it down. She kept raving about it. Now I couldn’t ask for more than that. Plus, when I asked her to post a review, she posted almost immediately. That’s a true friend. I thank her so much.

So, if you’re reading this and you’ve read my memoir, Leaving the Hall Light On, please post a review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and/or wherever you have access. I will appreciate it to no end. And I’ll copy and post it here on the Endorsements page of this blog and brag about it blatantly.

1 comment:

Rev. Dave said...

Sorry for posting this here, but I couldn't find contact information for you, Madeline. I'm working on a book I have a contract to get published. I'd like to include some lyrics from a Paul Simon song and I can't find contact information for Paul Simon Music. I know you tracked them down at one point and was wondering if you'd be willing to share that information. My email is david.wenell@gmail.com