Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We need more healing thoughts



Here are the "Nextdoors," our next door neighboors. They always give their names and say nextdoor afterward, so we've taken to calling them the Nextdoors.

That's the fun part. The not so fun part is that she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last November and though she says her tumor marker has gone down from to 420 all the way from a starting point of 2600, she is having a hard time. She recently wrote: "I am on chemo again and I know it's working but it's a challenge. I have been a hermit in hiding, because that is my way of processing all of this....I have a hard time concentrating on my beautiful life, the positive things, like my beautiful children, a loving husband, a happy and healthy father...but the numbness in my hands and feet, the deep deep pain in my hip, and nausea tend to rear their heads and distract me. Then I get teary and all that I can do is take some stupid med that makes my life fuzzy. I am told to be peaceful, rest, and take in this chemo the best way that I can."

They've ageed to come over for dinner tomorrow night. She says she feels more comfortable eating in than going out, so hopefully, I'll be able to cook something for her that she'll enjoy.

So, please hold good healing thoughts that the tumor marker will continue to go down and she'll finally be able to have surgery to remove it completely.

No comments: