Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My WriteGirl poem



There’s still time to buy a poem for as little as $5.00 and support WriteGirl, a creative writing and mentoring organization for teen girls. With only twenty-three days to go in this first campaign, WriteGirl wants to reach a goal of $30,000 to continue to offer writing mentors and creative writing workshops for more than 300 girls next season (October 2012 and June 2014). So far $6,635 has been raised.

For my $5.00 contribution to the WriteGirl Poetry Drive, I received a short poem written by Guadalupe, a 15-year old WriteGirl teen.

ONE OF MANY
 
A blissful feeling of belonging
A passage of time
Forever captured in my mind
Only a few to witness
Not only the ride,
But the love
All forgot
But I remembered

I think it’s lovely and well worth the $5.00 contribution. Don’t you?

If so, I hope you’ll contribute and receive your own poem. Here’s the link again


You can also find this campaign on Facebook and Twitter. So you have no more excuses. 

No comments: