Friday, January 9, 2009

Facebook mania

Facebook recently became part of my life. What I like most about it is that friends, both old and new, have literally come out of the woodwork. It's a great way to catch up and keep in touch -- and lots of fun.

Facebook Friends

They come from all over
out of the woodwork, the
alumni annals, work,
and family – both distant
and close.
At first I thought
Facebook was just for kids – a way
to keep in touch by sending
goofy gifts, pokes, super pokes,
tags, photos and invites.
And, now I’m surrounded
with friends of all ages –
some I knew in the dark ages
at high school, some spent time
with me in the South Pacific.
many are my children’s friends
and many are work
colleagues – past and present.
I’ve got poet friends, hometown friends,
relative friends, adopted daughter friends,
and friends’ children as friends.
We eagerly write on each other’s walls
send hearts, flowers, and plants – and
little cute fishes
for any occasion imaginable.
We join causes, become rah-rah fans,
and we report in almost daily
about what we’re up to
right now.
It’s fun,
really
it’s fun.
and, I never thought I would
get so hooked.

No comments: