Monday, June 25, 2012

Blatant Bragging

Really I don't do this very often, but I couldn't help it today.


Mentions of my memoir Leaving the Hall Light On or me have occurred in each of the last three days. And they are all good. 


On Saturday I found out that the Greater Los Angeles Writers Society Literary Landscapes magazine is now available. And an excerpt from my memoir is there. Here is the link and a picture of the cover. Please take a look. The GLAWS writers are a very talented bunch.  We write in all genres.


On Sunday Marty Tousley, creator of the Grief Healing website, sent me a Facebook message that she had finished her read of Leaving the Hall Light On and liked it well enough to post it on her Pinterest board called Books Worth Reading and on her list of books for adults on her websites's Grief Healing Books resource. Here's what Marty had to say:


"A mother's brutally honest and heartfelt account of living through her son's bipolar disorder and surviving his tragic death by suicide. This is a powerful story, told with amazing openness and truth. A must-read for anyone seeking to better understand and appreciate the enormous challenges of chronic mental illness and its devastating effects on a family."

And bright and early this morning Sonia Marsh founder of the Gutsy Living site, posted My Gutsy Story on her blog. She'll start the voting for the four June stories submitted in June on June 28. Please go over there, read the entries, and vote. Voting stays open until July 11. I hope you'll vote for mine.


2 comments:

Sonia Marsh/Gutsy Living said...

Congratulations and that's not bragging. You deserve recognition for your hard work.

madeline40 said...

I appreciate your support so much, Sonia. Thank you.