Thursday, June 7, 2012

Enter to win the new anthology - Poetry Pact 2011


I’m so pleased to be a part of a Facebook poetry group called Poetry Pact. Started 18 months ago by my author colleague Jessica Bell, her goal was for us to write and post a poem a day for a year. When I joined the group I did not commit to either a poem a day or even a poem a week, but I did post over 30 poems onto the site in 2011. And I’m proud to say, several of them were chosen for our first (I hope annual) anthology, Poetry Pact 2011, Volume 1, edited by two of our group poets: Angela Felsted and Richard Merrill. (Angela became our Poetry Pact leader in 2012.)



I can’t tell you enough what a supportive group this is. The membership is small – we keep it a secret – so that we can all get a chance to Like, comment, and critique each other’s work. I have received so many good suggestions on how to improve my poems from this group. The critiques are always given with complete professionalism and care, never making me feel put down or discouraged as a result. It is wonderful to be a part of such an excellent group of poets who come from all over the world.

Here’s a list of the anthology contributors: Angela Felsted (Author), Jessica Bell (Author), Jim Murdoch (Author), Laurel Garver (Author), Lydia Kang (Author), Madeline Sharples (Author), Richard Merrill (Author), Kerala Varma (Author), Glynis Smy (Author), Alaine Benard (Author), Artemis Grey (Author), Roslyn Ross (Author), Angie Ledbetter (Author), Caleb Mannan (Author), Emily Kruse (Author), February Grace (Author), Janice Marie Phelps (Author), J.R. McRae

I encourage you to go to Amazon and purchase a copy. All proceeds will be donated to: Direct Relief International, a charity that provides humanitarian aid worldwide.

And to get you even more interested, I’m offering a free copy to the lucky commenter on this blog post. Just leave a comment by next Friday, June 15, 2012 at 12 midnight PST, and I’ll do the rest. I’m also giving away a copy over at Goodreads, in the giveaway arranged by Jessica.

But, there’s one more thing:
Angela has started a Blogfest to encourage our readers who have their own blogs to put up a story about a secret pact they have made, a friend they are close to, or a close knit group that has helped them through hard times on any day between June 27th and June 29th. On Saturday, June 30th, Angela, after reading each story, will announce six winners. Go here to see the prizes. Please sign up and get busy writing your story.


11 comments:

Angela said...

Awesome Madeline, great blogpost! It looks like you covered everything. :D

madeline40 said...

Thanks, Angela. Hope we get lots of business. Hooray for you and Richard Merrill. xoxo

kerala said...

Lovely blog, Madeline. So precise and compact about the anthology. Thank you.

madeline40 said...

Thanks so much, kerala. I'm glad you came by. Hope to see you here again. Best, Madeline

Dody said...

Madeline, there has to be some kernel of truth to the concept: synchronicity. Your poetry always 'feeds me' in some way. I imagine that the company you keep, other poets who contributed to this anthology, have tidbits of sustenance for me, too. Congratulations! P.S. Since I finally took a leap and set up a blog, my second leap was to join the 'Blog Hop.' Thanks for that,too!

madeline40 said...

Thanks so much, Dody. And congratulations on your new blog. I also read and commented on your interview with Felicity this week. I'm very impressed.
Glad you joined the blogfest. You story will be very special I'm sure. xoxo

Peggy Sweeney said...

Madeline was featured in my Journeys Through Grief Bereaved Parent newsletter. Sharing her very personal story about the death of her adult son touched many hearts. I know her positive words of comfort helped many. Thank you, Madeline. I look forward to another article at a later date.

Many HUGS,
Peggy Sweeney, Editor
http://journeysthrugrief.wordpress.com

madeline40 said...

Thanks so much, Peggy. I'd love to write another article for you. I think you do so much good with your newsletters. Love and hugs, M.

Anonymous said...

Madeline, you continue to inspire me! What a wonderful blog!! I might start my own blog someday...many thanks!! xoxoxo

madeline40 said...

I love having you here, Diane. Thanks so much.
And please start a blog. You'll be so happy you did. xoxo

madeline40 said...

Just to let you know, Dody won the contest over the two other viable commenters. I didn't count Angela and Kerala since they have poems in the book. But thanks all for reading this post and showing an interest in the wonderful book of poetry. I'm very proud to have poems included in it.