Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tree trimming rant - a new poem


Butcher

The tree trimming was yesterday.
And with his long-handled ax
he hacked the trees
stripping off leaves and
giant birds of paradise
until only bare branches and trunks
were left.
His onslaught hit the ground
leaving broken and bent petals,
the red succulents flattened
and spent.

Of course it got its intended result –
Light pouring through.
I can’t wait for the shade
to come back.


Coral Tree Before

 Coral Tree Today 
(2 weeks after the hack job)

 Poor Eucalyptus and Palms

7 comments:

Dody said...

I felt it..Your words took me there. I felt like those leaves; those limbs. Can't take standing naked either. I cannot stand to trim anything except after winter. Hope you get your shade again..Soon!

madeline40 said...

Thank you for feeling my pain, Dody. It is very real. Plus some of the leftovers are dying. Hopefully when/if you come visit all will be back to normal. xoxo

Tree Service Queens said...

I had no idea there would be pictures, I felt my heart drop as I saw the once beautiful coral leaf riddled tree, as it transitioned to a bare branch base. How could they...? Honestly..

-Carlos Hernandez

madeline40 said...

Thanks for commiserating, Carlos. I sure wish you guys were near me. It looks like you do exactly what i needed but didn't get - pruning, not butchering.

Unknown said...

This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
tree trimming

Mr. Richard said...

The trimmer should have opened the inside to let more light in. Picture of the tree now? Thanks,

MONJIL said...

I have read this blog post. Very informative blog site. Stumped about proper tree care? Rely on the professional arborists of Superior Tree Solutions in St. Catharines. Our services include tree planting, pruning, transplanting and removal. We are also equipped to handle large tree removals and stump grinding. Contact us today for an estimate. Look at this trimming trees services.