Saturday, December 18, 2010

About NaSmaStoMo - National Small Stone Month

A Stone Called Son


I've been living with a stone for a long time. See how it rests on a little silk pillow called heal. The stone and the pillow are both comforting and calming.


So when I heard about NaSmaStoMo I was immediately interested. Just the word stone drew me in. And of course since this is a writing challenge I was drawn in even more.


Fiona, who created NaSmaStoMo, has asked us to "to write a small stone - a polished moment of paying proper attention - every day during the month of January."  Fiona explains: "I’m a believer in making use of the writing process to help us connect with ourselves and with the world." And with that I was hooked.


I've dabbled in Haiku and writing Twitter length poems. I think this will be a continuation of those practices. I've also taken several poem-a-day for a month challenges. So, for me NaSmaStoMo is perfect -- a perfect way for me to start my 2011 writing year.  


For more information about NaSmaStoMo and how to join us go to: http://networkedblogs.com/bUa3C

No comments: