Friday, October 5, 2012

Garden Ganesh

It's beautiful out. The heat has abated and there's a nice cool breeze running through the yard. I finally found a Ganesh for our garden while we were in Ojai a couple of months ago. Here he is.


And here's a little Ganesh information: "Ganesh is Lord Siva's and his wife Parvati's son in Hindu mythology. He is a symbol of overcoming obstacles. His broken tusk symbolizes a difficult, unconquered obstacle. His vehicle is a mouse which symbolizes difficulty in removing an obstacle. His large belly means he is very content which is a juxtapositional meaning." 


I like the way he watches over our fountain. It looks like he fits right in - especially the overcoming obstacles part. Plus I can easily see him from my office window. 


I also love this little succulent garden. It gets the right amount of sun to thrive.

No comments: