Monday, November 19, 2012

What are you grateful for?

My blogging friend, Pam Young, wrote down her list of things she's grateful for, and I decided to copy her. This is the season to think about such things. 


Gratitude has been on my mind a lot lately - especially since my husband Bob of 42 years seems to be experiencing a lot a pain in his hip, and I worry about him. I don't want anything bad to happen to him, and I'm trying to be positive that nothing will. Our marriage and our friendship is something I am very grateful for. 

Here's my list - at least so far:

  • My good health and healthy life style of a good diet and lots of exercise
  • My happy marriage
  • My wonderful son and daughter-in-law
  • That I can continue to write and work toward ending the stigma of mental illness and preventing suicide
  • Many loving friends and family members
  • That I can still workout or take a walk every day of the week
  • That I live in what I think is the most beautiful place in the world – only 10-minutes from the beach
  • That we live comfortably in the same house we’ve lived in since 1979
  • My ever increasing creativity
  • The strength to go on even in the face of a terrible tragedy
So, how about sharing your list with me?

3 comments:

Dody said...

You leave me once again, with fresh air, Madeline. Your blog called to me today. Now I see why that is. I am grateful indeed for your friendship! xoxo

LindyLouMac said...

Mine is a long list that can be summed up in one sentence. I am grateful for every new day that dawns.

madeline40 said...

Thanks, Dody, as always for being with me. I too cherish your friendship.

Dear Linda, I love your grateful words. I'm going to make them mine as well.

Happy Thanksgiving and holidays to you both.
xoxo