Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Italian lessons success

I've finished the 6-week online Loyola University Italian course almost on time. This past weekend I finished going over the last two chapters, did the assignments, took the last two quizzes, and yesterday I took the final exam with a 100% score.

Of course that doesn’t mean that I know much about the Italian language. I have learned about greetings, numbers and dates, how to get around a train station and airport, how to ask for directions, how to get help if sick or in an emergency, and most important of all how to shop and order food off a menu.

I also know that I need to keep studying verbs and their conjugations and a long list of expressions and vocabulary. But, I’m not daunted by all that. I’m just very glad that I started. Now, I have a plethora of study material – the lessons and quizzes from the online course, the verb drill book, six CDs with a total of 30 audio lessons, and the Collins Italian dictionary with about 1000 pages of vocabulary to memorize.

All this should keep me busy the rest of my life. Non si preoccupi!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Translation, please! Congrats on your success.