Sunday, March 23, 2008

Read Eat Pray Love!



Sunday afternoon. I feel like I’ve been living the life of a sloth. I’ve done nothing much else but read and sleep and eat for the last three days and if I keep it up much longer I could definitely make it my way of life.

I finally succumbed and started Eat Pray Love last week – reading the first few pages while on the stairmaster at the gym. But on my off Friday I got through the Eat part and the next day got through the Pray part, and by the end of today I suspect I’ll get through the Love part – the fastest I’ve read through a book in about two years. It’s good to know that I can still wolf a book down – I used to do that all the time – and at the same time, I wish I could savor what’s in this book a bit longer. I love the writing – it’s very personal, and I love the telling of the adventures in each of Italy, India, and Indonesia. But most of all I’m jealous that I didn’t have these kind of adventures as a young woman and write about them myself.

It’s not good enough for me to read and learn about these experiences from a very well written book. I want to have them myself. And because I’m almost 68 years old that is impossible.

No comments: