Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Forty-one years

Today is our real anniversary. Forty-one years ago today Bob and I fell in love. Our not so celebrated wedding anniversay is in May. This year it will be 38 years.

I love that Bob is so romantic about this day still -- after all these years. He even went so far as to give me a beautiful Buddha figurine to commemorate the day. That must have been hard for him because he keeps saying we have way too many Buddhas around the house already. Buddhas have become my thing -- I think because I always pictured Paul as a Buddha kind of guy -- wise and quiet and inward. I have Buddhas around me as reminders of him, certainly not because they have any religious meaning for me.

Now I have to figure out what to get Bob that would be as meaningful to him.

No comments: