Sunday, July 14, 2013

To Denver and back

Birthday girl and little
cousin Khloe
Alyssa and our cake
New Ella Joy and family
Alyssa's sister, Sammi
Ian, brother of Anna














It's always wonderful to visit with our great nieces and nephew in Denver. We now have six: five girls - one born just six weeks ago - and one boy. We were there for Anna's eighth birthday, and since they all have birthdays coming up in the next couple of months, we brought birthday presents for all - including new baby Ella Joy. What was special was making the birthday cake with our oldest great niece, Alyssa. 

My friend Ed with Pugsly
and MoJo
But as usual, I find I can't wait to get home - no matter where I travel to. Instead of walking on the loud busy streets in Denver, I took my big long walk this morning along the beach. Although it was teeming with runners and walkers, I could comfortably hear my music and take a few shots of the ubiquitous Strand gardens along the way. 

I must be like Dorothy. "There's no place like home."



















No comments: