Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thinking outside the box when it comes to book sales


Okay, as promised here’s more about last Saturday's Digital Author's Conference.

Another thing Elaine Wilkes talked about was developing a list of outside the box businesses to approach about placing our books. In my post conference emails with her, she suggested I write a list of fifty such places – and I must say that is a tough assignment.   I got this far:

Magpie gift store
Soothe the Soul gifts and aromatherapy
University classes
Speaking engagements
UCLA Psych Department
Other mental health organizations
Book clubs
LA Times Festival of Books
Harmony Works gift store
Things Remembered gift store
Our House grief counseling organization
Grieving and suicide prevention sites’ recommended book lists

But I’m going to continue. I need to start reading Elaine’s material about how to get my book into all types of stores right away. Perhaps that will help me get to a list of fifty outside the box places.

 Get your book into
stores.

And I’d love your help as well. Where else do you sell your books – besides brick and mortar and online book stores?

No comments: