Thursday, January 15, 2009

Choices revisited

I heard a radio interview yesterday on KCRW with Steven Soderbergh, whose new film "Che" has just been released. Elvis Mitchell of The Treatment made the comment that he thought the film was about characters making choices too late.

Steven then quoted a line from his film "Solaris" written by a friend of his:

"There are no answers, only choices."

I really resonnated with that.

He went on to say, "...at the end of the day...all that you do have are your choices and those are the only answers you’re going to get....You’re never going to find the pattern in pi. It’s not going to happen. You’re probably be happier if you accept that..."

Yes, I can relate; hence my sense when I started this blog, of how important the choices I make in the years to come are.

No comments: