Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ready, set, go

I’ve finally gotten it all together. The manuscript is printed, the synopsis, market statement, and biography are ready, and I’ve drafted a brief, to-the-point cover letter.

It’s ready to go. It was a bit of a struggle, but now that it’s done and when it’s finally in the mail, all I’ll have to do is wait – and ONLY 4 to 8 weeks. That will be the hard part.

But, the powers that be must be shining down on me. My friends Alice and Richard have found a publisher for their wonderful book about aging and love with pictures of their gorgeous artwork. And in the midst of their search they met up with an agent whom they’d like to hook me up with. I’ve told them I’ll wait on that until I hear from this first agent. I'm telling her this is an exclusive submission. Still it’s nice to know there is someone in the wings if I have the need. It’s almost like the universe is telling me it’s ready for my book. Everything seems to be falling into place so nicely. Well, after over 10 years of work – starting from the first journal entries I made when Paul was first diagnosed as manic depressive – it’s time. I’ve worked hard. Now it’s time to see if the hard work will pay off.

No comments: