Sunday, November 18, 2007

A detour -- so to speak

If I’m going to write a blog, I have to include my obsession with beauty products. I recently tried out La Mer at Dinah, my facial lady’s suggestion, but I didn’t see any differences in the three months I faithfully used the product. So, when I finished it, I wasn’t really motivated to spend the money again. Now, I’m using Dermalogica’s Age Smart line. It’s only been a week, so I’ll have to wait and see.

Here’s what Nadine, Dara's roommate has to say:
"I don't know very much about Dermalogica's Age Smart line, but I like their products in general and do generally feel that they're worth the money. La Mer, however, is emphatically *not* worth the money if you're looking for a very effective anti-aging cream. As a moisturizer, it's tops, but many women buy it expecting certain results that it's simply not going to deliver. Obagi products are phenomenal, and anything with peptides (such as Strivectin, Olay Regenerist, In an Instant, or the effective but vastly overpriced Perricone Neuropeptide line) will make a visible difference in the texture, clarity, glow and appearance of skin. DDF makes some wonderful products, as does Kinerase."

And, she should know – check out her blog, Jolie in NYC – all about products. She also has a new book out called “Beauty Confidential.” I definitely know the right person to ask.

Also, my friend, Chris, a person I graduated high school with back in Winnetla, IL a million years ago, says she is using a product called Eternity -- developed in Santa Barbara and not on the market yet. She says it's smoothing out all her wrinkles. She's rght. She looks marvelous. I can't wait to get my hands on a little jar of that.

2 comments:

Jolie said...

I learned about a new line today, from the company Allergan that makes Botox, Prevage and Differin, called Vivite. It's not cheap (about $250 for the kit), but the results seem very promising in treating fine lines, wrinkles, and skin clarity, so keep an eye peeled to see how it's received!

madeline40 said...

Thanks, Nadine,
I appreciate your expertise.