Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Bucket List

I’ve been thinking about making a list of things I want to do before I die. Like the premise of the new Jack Nicholson film, “the Bucket List,” I could write down everything I want to do before I kick the bucket. But that would be hard. I have the book that lists 1000 places to see before you die to give me traveling suggestions, and I know some things I don’t want to do – like bungee jumping and taking a hot-air balloon ride or going back to Mexico or any island – I’ve already done enough islands in my life. My darling niece, Dara, has put together a list of new things she wants to do during the month of November and she seems to working that off successfully, but putting together a list for the rest of one’s whole life seems way to daunting.
So, I’ll start with a couple:

Climb down into the Grand Canyon
Go to the parts of the United States I haven’t been to yet -- Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, the Carolina's
Get my memoir published
Get a poetry book published


It looks like a theme is emerging. I need to start traveling some more and concentrate more on my writing. Stuff I neglect when I work full time. Thus, I’m back to my original quandary – to quit or not to quit. And, it looks like I’m leaning heavily toward quitting. There is just not enough time to do my things and work. Period.

No comments: