Sunday, September 29, 2013

Favorite trip photos

I think I’m finally over the jet lag from our trip. Last night I slept without waking at four in the morning, and I feel very well rested today. I’ve heard that it takes a day for each hour we travel away from our time zone, and at one point we were twelve hours on the other side of our clock in Dubai. So it’s close. Today it is exactly eleven days since we returned home.

Although the main intent of our trip was to go on an African safari, besides visiting Kenya and Tanzania we also spent several days in London before Africa and a night in Dubai and four nights in Paris after our African adventure. It was a trip of a lifetime. I’ll never forget it.


I’ve already posted a few of my favorite safari photos – and I promise to post more in the next weeks. However, today’s photos show some our favorite sights in London, Dubai, and Paris.

 My third time on the London Eye. 
Try it. It's a great ride.

 Stonehenge - an amazing site

 The "silver guy" in front of 
London's National Gallery

 Dubai's old city spice market

 The largest aquarium in the largest mall 
in the world - where else? Dubai

 While riding on the Seine on a cloudy 
rainy day in Paris

 Monet's lily pond at Giverny

Monet's House at Giverny

1 comment:

kathleen pooler said...

Madeline, What beautiful photos of your "trip of a lifetime." No matter how fabulous a time you had, coming home again is always good. I feel like I'm still recovering from our Italy trip, 10 days later. But it certainly was worth it. Thanks for sharing these highlights of your trip.
Blessings, Kathy