Sunday, May 29, 2011

Anniversary at Terranea

We spent our forty-first anniversary at the Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, California http://www.luxurylink.com/fivestar/hotels/palos-verdes-california/terranea-resort?gclid=CMHXp5injqkCFcYbQgodtSdDqQ. Though it is just thirty-five minutes from our home, it felt like we were away somewhere exotic.


The whole experience was beautiful - the water-front location, the ocean-view room with pale yellow walls that literally glowed with the sun's rays, and the food. We went to a casual venue called Nelson's for lunch and shared a seared tuna burger and fries and then ate quite elegantly at Mar'Sel for dinner. Bob had halibut and I had seared tuna again. 


I took my usual Sunday morning walk today along the ocean's edge of the Terranea property. It was sunny but cold and windy, so I didn't last long. I finished my workout at the resort's fitness center.


Unfortunately I only took one photo - a view that is replicated in drawings and paintings hung throughout the property. Sorry it's so dark. Click on it to see it better.

  Terranea Cliff

No comments: